A Special Call  is announced by the European Commission for stakeholders in Europe to play a role in the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage. This call is open to organisations working in the field of cultural heritage and culture more broadly, who would like to play a role in the Year and are willing to share their expertise and ideas in a dialogue with the European Commission. Applicants must be based in one of the 28 EU Member States.
The deadline for applications is 20 February 2017 (24:00 CET).
Are you interested in Cultural Heritage and would like to have the voice of your sector heard at European Level? Would you like to be informed about the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage’s activities, at European and national levels?
Then apply  to the Special Call of Voices of Culture: Voices of Culture and Heritage!
The 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage  will promote heritage as a shared resource for our future. The Year will be managed by the European Commission, with the active participation of cultural heritage organisations and other culture sector stakeholders including trans-national cultural networks, NGOs and cultural organisations.
The European Commission is keen to promote and facilitate the participation of as many stakeholders as possible. In this context, we are launching a Special Call “Voices of Culture and Heritage“, with two objectives:
1) to identify a group of about 30 participants from the cultural and cultural heritage sector to take part in a series of meetings with the European Commission; and
2) to create a database of cultural and cultural heritage sector organisations who would like to be kept informed about the Year’s activities, at European and national levels.
Who can apply?
This call is open to organisations working in the field of cultural heritage and culture more broadly, who would like to play a role in the Year and are willing to share their expertise and ideas in a dialogue with the European Commission. Applicants must be based in one of the 28 EU Member States. Participants will be selected according to the following selection criteria:
– Content and breath of work programmes your organisation has completed/is carrying out on cultural heritage
– Your organisation’s experience of cultural heritage representation and outreach at European level
– Your vision for the Year and the actions your organisation plans to implement, if any.
Voices of Culture and Heritage will encompass six physical meetings in Brussels (maximum three in 2017 and up to three in 2018), comprising one day each. It is expected that in 2017 the group will meet in April, September and end November (all dates to be confirmed). Travel, hotel and food expenses will be covered by the European Commission.
You can find further information about the Voices of Culture and Heritage process here .
This post was originally published by Judith Staines on ASEF culture360.org