Inside the International Council of Museums
To enhance its network promotion activities and the visibility of its actions, the International Council of Museums (ICOM) has launched INSIDE ICOM , a blog intended for ICOM  members, as well as for museum professionals and all other interested parties.
Users can now access INSIDE ICOM and stay informed on ICOM-related news and events all over the world in a practical and user-friendly manner. This new communication tool is intended to be a welcoming and lively exchange platform, and complements ICOM’s online presence and the other communication tools already available.
Users can subscribe to the RSS feed to receive information directly via email. In this way, you will be informed in real time about the publication of new articles, and follow ICOM’s activities regularly.
INSIDE ICOM  is available in English, French and Spanish.
ICOM in short
Created in 1946, ICOM (International Council of Museums)  is an international nongovernmental organisation maintaining formal relations with UNESCO. Within the United Nations, ICOM has a consultative status with the Economic and Social Council. ICOM is the only international organisation representing museums and museum professionals on a global level.
- A diplomatic forum made up of representatives from 137 countries and territories
- Standards of excellence for museums including ethics (ICOM Code of Ethics for Museums )
- A unique international network of more than 30,000 museum professionals around the world
- A think tank made up of 31 International Committees representing diverse museum specialties
- Missions of international public service, notably in the fight against illicit traffic of cultural property and emergency programmes in the event of natural disasters or armed conflicts.