The 2016 conference of Interpret Europe – the European Association for Heritage Interpretation , organised in partnership with Herita – Flanders Heritage Association , will be held in Mechelen, Belgium, on 21-24 May 2016.
The topic of this sixth Interpret Europe Conference is “Heritage interpretation – for the future of Europe”. Organisers have launched a call for papers , with the aim of fostering a discussion on how heritage interpretation can help to reflect upon important European subjects such as human rights, sustainability, peace, lifelong learning and active citizenship. Besides this, papers covering the theory and practice of heritage interpretation as such are also welcome.
Proposals for presentations and interactive workshops that particularly address the following subjects are invited:
- Heritage interpretation and the issue of human rights
- Heritage interpretation and the issue of creating and maintaining peace
- Heritage interpretation and the development of active citizenship
- Heritage interpretation as a means of sustainable development
- Heritage interpretation as a source of inspiration for lifelong learning
Abstracts of presentations or interactive workshops should be sent by 30 November.
For additional information about the conference, please visit http://www.interpreteuropeconference.net/ 
For additional information about the call for papers, please visit http://www.interpreteuropeconference.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FutureofEurop_CALL_151012_DEF.pdf