The Heritage Management Organization (HMO) , a non-profit organisation under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Culture, is organising a workshop entitled “Successful Fundraising for Heritage Managers: Strategies and Best Practices” . It will be held in Elefsina, Greece, on 23-25 February 2018.
The 3-day workshop will combine lectures, case studies, class discussions and interactive exercises in order to help participants develop and apply the fundraising strategies and skills necessary towards starting up or building their organisation’s contributed revenue.
In particular, the workshop aims to enable participants to develop and apply strategies in:
- fundraising fundamentals, best practices, ethics
- working with executive and voluntary leadership
- creating and articulating a compelling case for support
- prospect research, matching projects with sources of support
- matching marketable projects with prospective sources of support
- identifying, cultivating and soliciting prospects
- online fundraising and capital campaigns
- planning events and campaigns
- ePhilanthropy and online fundraising
- securing foundation and corporate grants
- create a development plan
Participants in the workshop should have a reasonable proficiency in spoken and written English.
“Successful Fundraising for Heritage Managers” will be delivered by Linda C. Hartley and Vivien Hoexter, principals from H2Growth Strategies LLC .
A number of scholarships provided by the Headley Trust, the American Express Foundation and HMO are available.
Registration is open until 31 January 2018.
For additional information about the workshop and details on fees, scholarships and application procedures, please visit http://www.inherity.org/training/workshops/  and https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByqNI8qeo5eYZzdQQXN6NlBrWU0/view